The expected results of the project include:
- Creation of an innovative and supportive mechanism (models, guidelines, software) to HEI providers for representing learning opportunities with integrated learning outcomes/competence information.
- Development of a free tool for students, to benefit from new learning opportunity services for pathway building based on the identification and development of skills and competences, with emphasis on their professional development.
- Production of Massive Open Online Course (MOOC), as a skill building and mentoring platform, offering training, guidance for building LO descriptions and flexible lifelong learning pathways.
- Implementation of a large-scale pilot test in the ICT sector, with leading European HEIs and HEI consortia in the field. In this application, the CEN ICT Skills e-Competence framework , an EU standard expressing skills and competences for the entire ICT sector,will be used in order for all institutions to achieve comparable descriptions of their opportunities.
- Policy recommendations and technology guidelines for national and European exploitation of results.
- Public awareness on LLL pathways through information events, dissemination and marketing activities, and exchange of good practices, conferences, creation of website, for a pilot presentation and use of COMPASS, publicity activities in cooperation with stakeholders and associated partners.
- Increase of the physical and virtual mobility of learners; since it will be easier to discover learning opportunities, mobility actions will be motivated. Furthermore, in case a LO is provided on-line (e.g. by means of a MOOC) the learner will be able to exploit the opportunity without having to physically transport. Specific key activities, such as the elaboration of national standards on LO descriptions, the technical specification of ingesting descriptions into existing national and European instruments, the national strategy recommendation based on the ICT-sector case study and the Affiliation Plan for establishing MoUs with strategic policy-makers, constitute major assets for achieving the goal for institutional commitment.
COMPASS results also include plans, reports and tools useful for guiding project management activities, for assessing project results and for designing dissemination and exploitation policies:
- Project management plan, reporting detailed activities including communication plan and policies for resolving conflicts
- Exploitation Plan, identifying the main areas/markets where the project partners intend to exploit results
- Dissemination Plan, determining the dissemination strategy and implementation plan
- Quality and Risk Management Plan, including monitoring and self assessment procedures, criteria and indicators
- Project Website and Management Platform